The competition for autonomous vehicles consists of three distinct sections:
The first one will consist of a one-on-one speed circuit test, where a speed race will be made in one circuit against another team. Two completely equal independent circuits will be available. This test is eliminatory to the best of three races, leaving at the end of the competition a champion and a runner-up.
The second section consists of a test of dexterity of the autonomous vehicle in a labyrinth. The time it takes the vehicle to find the output from a predetermined entry point will be assessed. There will be two tests per team, computing the average time of the two. The maximum time to find the exit is 5 minutes, after which the test will be finished.
The third section of the competition will consist of an evaluation of the technical development of the autonomous vehicle carried out. Both the presentation of the team before the jury and the quality and technical complexity of the design will be scored.
Date and place:
The contest will be held in the Arenales building of the Campus of Elche on Thursday, April 6, 2017 at 10:00 am.
Students from any public university can participate, as well as students of Baccalaureate and Vocational Training of the Province of Alicante.
Rules for Speed Circuit Testing:
The teams will consist of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 5 participants. Each team will have a representative who will be in charge of interacting with the vehicle during the test.
The vehicle must be totally autonomous, there can be no means of communication or external control to the vehicle
The vehicle may incorporate as many sensors as it deems appropriate.
The vehicle can incorporate as brain any type of microcontroller (Arduino, Microchip, PSoC …) the price is less than 50 €.
The different circuits that form the vehicle can be commercial or developed by the own equipment
Each tie will be resolved to the best of three races. The winning team will advance to the next round and the loser will be eliminated.
At the request of the jury it may be asked to repeat the test.
The team representative can move outside the circuit without entering.
The vehicle can not be manipulated or touched during the test.
The size of the micro robot should not exceed the dimensions of 23 cm wide, 30 cm long, 20 cm high. The maximum weight will be 200 grams.
The circuit will be marked with black tape of 2 cm. A test circuit will be available so that before each race the equipment can make the last operating adjustments.
It will establish a time before the exit of the vehicles between races so that it can be interacted and perform the last tests of operation.
Rules for the test of labyrinth dexterity:
– The vehicle will be the same as the one used in the speed test
– There will be a labyrinth marked with black tape of 2 cm. The starting point and goal will be marked in the circuit itself.
– Each team will perform two skill tests to find the goal in the maze. The maximum time to find the goal will be five minutes. If after five minutes the vehicle has not been able to reach the goal the test will stop with a 5 minute time stamp. The final time will be the average of the two tests performed.
– At the request of the jury it will be possible to request the repetition of the test.
– The team representative can move outside the circuit without entering.
– The vehicle can not be manipulated or touched during the test
Evaluation of the technique and originality of the design:
– The vehicle will be the same as the one used in the tests of speed and dexterity
– The presentation of the design will be made before a jury
– Each team will have a maximum of 5 minutes to make the presentation
– The originality of the design, the own developments of the electronics as well as the programming of the microcontrollers and the performance of the design will be evaluated.
The jury will be appointed by the management of the Higher Polytechnic School of Elche.
The jury’s decision is final.
Three prizes will be awarded:
Prize for best technical development: prize to determine
Speed circuit award: prize to determine
Dexterity circuit award: prize to determine
The prizes can be deserted if the jury thinks so